Web n Walk Stick

by Marin Franković on 20 October, 2008

I am using T-Mobile (Croatia) Web n Walk stick to access internet and my corporate network from various locations when I am not in Zagreb. This week I am in Split and when I tried to install it on my laptop it failed to do so. Why there are NO 64 bit drivers on the stick, only 32 bit I will never know. And of course, the stick does not work.

My assumption was that 64 bit operating systems are so widely spread now that 64 bit drivers would for be on the stick. Well, since I did not have any other means of getting drivers I had to connect using my mobile phone. God knows what bill will I get next month (update: 350 kn). 🙂 And 3G coverage is very poor at my location, so mostly I surf using Edge.

Anyhow, you can download 64 bit drivers for T-Mobile Web n Walk Stick here (ZIP file 4 MB). Install drivers first and then plug in your USB stick. Happy surfing.

UPDATE: I can confirm that this driver works with Windows 7 64 bit version also.

nico December 10, 2008 at 18:01

hey, got the same problem, so thanks very much for this info!

xwoxi December 18, 2008 at 14:57

ist only for Vista or also XP

Marin December 18, 2008 at 15:56

It is for Windows XP 64bit and Windows Vista 64bit.

Neno December 24, 2008 at 19:28

You are the Legend!

Mesiah December 30, 2008 at 11:02

What an answer,even t-com can’t solve that problem …lol

T-COM N00BS

Patrick January 21, 2009 at 19:21

Yes the man

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Willem March 6, 2009 at 22:57

Works pefectly ! thanx !!!!!!

Daniel March 11, 2009 at 20:40

Thanks a million!

Jane Goody April 24, 2009 at 12:02

Hey, nice tips. Perhaps I’ll buy a glass of beer to the person from that forum who told me to go to your blog 🙂

Marin April 24, 2009 at 12:07

You can always send him/her virtual beer. 🙂 I am glad that my info helped.

al May 19, 2009 at 21:51

legenda si,,thnx za pstanje..
imam wiN 7
I SAD RADI
🙂

Krisztian K. July 1, 2009 at 23:01

It is really nice, thx!

Antonio July 17, 2009 at 12:14

It didn’t worked for me on Windows 7 RC x64, but I found driver that works, here is url :

davor January 3, 2011 at 17:20

možeš li mi objasniti kako instalirati ove drajvere? hvala

Marin Franković January 5, 2011 at 17:54

Pozdrav,

pa jednostavno je. Skineš, otpakiraš i pokreneš setup. 🙂

Marin July 17, 2009 at 12:51

Hi Antonio, I have Windows 7 RC x64 and it works perfectly. I have both Web n Walk applications installed, old and new one.

Steve July 29, 2009 at 7:29

Zero point. I have Win Vista SP1 x64, and the stick isn’t working with this wnw_SW_za_64-bit_Windows.zip driver.

Grace July 31, 2009 at 16:56

Can some one please give me simple step by step instructions i am new to all this

Marin Franković July 31, 2009 at 18:45

Download .exe, double clik it, install software. Reboot. Login. Plugin USB stick. Application should start automatically , if not start application manually.

Grace July 31, 2009 at 16:57

64bit XP

Marg Cerise October 22, 2009 at 5:57

Awwwsome THANKS man,

Hereby confirmed it’s working for T-Mobile (Netherlands) too, you actualy safed my job since i don’t have Vista 32 install disks, and I dunno how it’s whith u guys but here T-Mobile NL helpdesk wasn’t a HELP at all, so…

*big hugggs* from Marg … ^x^

ANEMO-ONE November 20, 2009 at 14:06

@Marg Cerise,

Doesn’t work on windows-7 64 Bit for me, T-Mobile (Netherlands) help desk, technical service and the store don’t do shit for you.
There NOT going to make a update and there still selling old sticks while Windows 7 is now standard on desktops and laptops in the store. Even a guy told me to go back to win XP, sure :). Contract for two years……. Arg. Cant register Kaspersky Anti-Virus and play (register) Modern Warfare 2 on my desktop for fuck sake, thanks T-mobile, for nothing.
So in the future i cant put my stick any computer that runs win7 or 64 BIT ?, OH I can buy the new stick, that will work on windows 7 (so they say, info not on package or website) for 60 euro, or pay for a year extra, 3 years???… no thanks for the moment.

ANEMO-ONE November 20, 2009 at 14:56

Got it to work,… what Antonio said.

The Connection software for Microsoft Windows 7 support (legacy mode), works great for me.

Thanks everybody.

tags: T-Mobile Nederland NL luie zwijnen Web’n’Walk stick 64 BIT upgrade driver I am legend tweakers windows 7 Globe Trotter

DDW December 1, 2009 at 21:18

Thanks so much for sorting this all out!
I got a new Laptop with Windows 7 64 bits running and a web’n’walk stick (iCON 225). According to T-Mobile Netherlands “the software is not suitable for windows 7″ (their reply in Dutch: Helaas is de software van de oudere T-Mobile web’n’walk stick niet geschikt voor het Windows 7 besturingssysteem. Wij vertrouwen erop u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.” And that’s it, no excuse or alternative. Anyway, the drivers from the option site work (legacy mode), I get a connection but I cannot load webpages or use the internet. According to the Option site this is a DNS problem (http://www.option.com/en/support/knowledge-base/article/active-connection-but-not-possible-to-open-webpages) and they give this advice ” In case you can set-up a GPRS/UMTS connection but cannot open a webpage you probably have to add or edit your DNS settings.
Check the connection settings in the Application software. Here you can enter or edit the DNS settings for you GPRS connection. Check with your GSM/GPRS/UMTS network provider for the correct settings. ”
I’m not an expert at all, and really have no idea where to edit the DNS settings. Which application? I have a guess for primary DNS (193.79.237.39) and secondary (193.79.242.39), or is that nonsense? But where do I enter that?
Help is appreciated, as T-mobile doesn’t care.
Thanks!

harg December 3, 2009 at 14:22

echt van die mensen die denken dat alles gratis is he…ongelofelijk. denk je dat t-mobile of andere bedrijven windows eerder krijgen dan jullie? en je verwacht dat er meteen updates komen e.d.?

je betaalt verdomme wat…20 euro in de maand? de klantenservice van t-mobile is gratis(1 van de redenen dat ik voor t-mobile koos) voor die 20 euro heb je een hogere datalimiet en soms krijg je er zelfs een laptopje bij???? waar moet het geld dan verdiend worden als we zoveel eisen?

sukkels

ANEMO-ONE December 4, 2009 at 13:08

De software makers hebben dus wel de update (al een jaar ofzo), t-mobile is te lui om mensen die update aan te bieden of wel er voor te betalen (zit al in hun nieuwe sticks), hoeveel is 20 euro maal het aantal mensen op de wereld met z’n stick (windows 7, hebben ze nooit van gehoord, sure). Ik ben al 17 jaar klant van t-mobile, wat heb ik aan gratis klantenservice als ze me niet serieus nemen. Ja laptopje ja, betaal je gewoon voor. Schelden op internet moet je niet doen joh, nekschot.

Slaven December 4, 2009 at 21:54

Care puno ti hvala za ovaj driver. T-mobile se opet pokazao kao veoma azuran.

mbaron January 10, 2010 at 9:08

Bravo i hvala!!
Radi na Win 7 (32-bit).

Maarten January 20, 2010 at 9:28

Cheers! It worked for me.
Using T-Mobile Netherlands Web’n’walk Stick on Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Dutch version.
You would expect T-Mobile to behave pro-active. Windows 7 was not unexpected, but announced long time ago to software developers to enable them to develop new or adapt current applications.
Lack of 64-bit for their software tells me that they take pro-users seriously. I am convinced that 64-bit software will be widely spread soon, since it allows for bigger memory configurations necessary to run the latest programs.

ikke March 8, 2010 at 16:03

Wat ben ik toch blij met mensen die dit soort info delen.

Na eerst een gefrustreerd gesprek met de helpdesk die NIETS voor een trouwe klant kan doen behalve in herhaling vallen dat ik gewoon een nieuwe stick moet kopen (het moet niet gekker worden! het is immers niet mijn probleem). Heb ik hier de GRATIS oplossing gevonden.

Mijn dank is GROOT! En ik ga tevens opzoek naar een betere aanbieder die wat meer respect heeft voor haar klanten. Want wat heb ik aan een gratis helpdesk die een draaiboek afraffelen… Jawel.. NiETS!

Vedran April 14, 2010 at 8:36

Hi! Your site is grates,but tis post is the best. Thank you!

zubair December 11, 2010 at 9:30

hey,thanks a lot dude
it’s a great help

vp January 3, 2011 at 15:20

like a glove!

you rule. our t-mobile friends don’t.

Thank you.

Jesse March 24, 2011 at 16:28

Thanx! works perfect!

Art€ March 3, 2011 at 10:50

What more can I say? It works and thanks very much indeed. Hij werkt en bedankt voor je tip!! Er ist geschaft! Danke Schön! Működik! Köszönöm szépen!

jasambond June 1, 2011 at 16:40

Fala stari ni u t-mobile nisu znali kaj napravit, kakav stick takva i kompanija

Marin Franković June 1, 2011 at 18:03

Nema na čemu. Drago mi je da je pomoglo.

Alureon June 29, 2011 at 2:17

I’m glad it works pretty fine and we had a good surf. Thanks for sharing such good information.

Tõnis May 4, 2013 at 13:46

Well, but T – Com dosn t provide any support for mac OS 10.8……

ys,kiko February 18, 2014 at 21:40

Hi er yonder 🙂 i found by Te-mobile Deutschland ,this : http://www.t-mobile.de/kompatibilitaet/0,22763,23727-_,00.html
Iam still by downloading , i dint know if this ll help at all ,i ll download as well the driver you meantioned 🙂 Thanks a lot in a great hug ))))
ys,kiko